1. Perform a metadata backup and back up your VMs before performing the rest of this procedure.
2. Disable High Availability (HA) from XenCenter, if enabled.
3. Log on to a pool member from the physical console and change the management interface IP address:
From xsconsole go to Network and Management Interface > Configure Management Interface.
From the CLI: use the following command:
Exit from xsconsole if you used it.
4. From the CLI, run the following command:
- a. The server enters the emergency mode.b. Verify that the server is using the new IP address. You can ping it from another host, try an ssh connection to it, or use the ifconfig command.
c. Verify that the server is in emergency mode: from the CLI run xe host-is-in-emergency-mode. You should get “true” as the output.
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. on each of the pool members.
6. Change the management interface IP address on the pool master using step 3 above.
7. Run the following command on the pool master:
8. DO NOT RUN THIS COMMAND ON THE POOL MASTER
From the CLI, on each of the pool members, run xe pool-emergency-reset-master master-address=IP_OF_THE_MASTER.
DO NOT RUN THIS COMMAND ON THE POOL MASTER
9. Verify the correct status of the pool. Connect with XenCenter to the new master’s IP address and check everything from there.
10. Re-enable HA, if required.